LSR7 Details Hybrid Learning Plan for Grades 4-12
COVID-19 has prompted our district to embrace flexibility, innovation and resourcefulness as we continue our mission of serving students in the midst of a global pandemic.
Since August, district leaders along with metro superintendents and local public health officials, have evaluated public health data on a weekly basis to determine when moving to a hybrid model of instruction for grades 4-12 poses less risk for our school community. This week, local public health leaders and the Mid-America Regional Council updated the gating criteria districts are recommended to use in determining when to deliver virtual, hybrid or full-time in-person instruction.
At this time, the district has determined that this updated guidance supports a transition to a hybrid learning model for grades 4-12.
This updated criteria will be posted to the Mid-America Regional Council website later today.
LSR7 will transition to a hybrid learning model for grades 4-12 starting on Monday, Oct. 5, 2020. Pre-K-3 as well as special programs and other groups who have received in-person services since Sept. 8, will continue full-time in-person instruction, and R-7 Online Academy students will continue to participate in online learning at home five-days-a-week.
- Students with the last names A-K will be in group A. Group A will attend school in-person on Mondays and Tuesdays, and engage in teacher-planned lessons and independent assignments virtually on Thursdays and Fridays. This means the first day of in-person learning for Group A is Monday, Oct. 5.
- Students with the last names L-Z will be in group B. Group B will attend school in-person on Thursdays and Fridays and engage in teacher-planned lessons and independent assignments virtually on Mondays and Tuesdays. This means the first day of in-person learning for Group B is Thursday, Oct. 8.
- On Wednesdays, all students will also learn virtually and have the opportunity to engage with their teachers through group check-ins, office hours and individual meetings. Staff will also use Wednesdays as planning and collaboration time, and buildings will receive extra-cleaning and sanitization on Wednesdays.
- Students at the same address will be grouped by the last name of the oldest child.
- We will plan on having 7th and 9th grade transition days on Friday, Oct. 2. Group A will be from 7:30-10:00 a.m. and Group B would be from 12:00-2:30 p.m. Building leaders will communicate additional information.
- Please see this attached Hybrid Learning Weekly Schedule (PDF) for more information about what a hybrid schedule looks like for students each week.
- The following general Hybrid Learning FAQs are available here (PDF).
- Updated Kansas City Regional Gating Criteria (PDF)
- Bus stop finder
The district will continue to share additional information about its hybrid transition directly to families, staff and at lsr7.org/reopening.