LSR7 seeks Middle School Boundary Study team applicants
As LSR7 prepares to open a new fourth middle school before the 2022-23 school year, the district sought interested stakeholders to participate in a Middle School Boundary Study to determine new boundaries for middle school enrollment. The deadline for submission was March 21, 2021.
These anticipated middle school boundaries will not impact our current elementary and high school boundaries.
Boundary study members will help the district develop objective criteria to use in creating boundary adjustment options the district will present to the public.
This criteria include but is not limited to:
- Projected enrollment growth
- Overcrowding mitigation
- Building capacity
Middle School Boundary Study Team Meetings:
- April 12, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- April 26, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- May 10, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- May 24, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- June 7, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- July 19, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Aug. 9, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Aug. 23, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Sept. 13, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Sept. 20, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- October 4, 2021, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m. (*Tentative)
The team includes parents, staff and community members who can embrace an innovative and problem-solving mindset to see beyond personal perspectives or single agendas as we determine new boundaries for middle school, and especially encourage the parents or guardians of incoming fourth, fifth and sixth graders to apply. It is our goal to have as much equal representation from our current feeder zones as possible.
You will be notified no later than March 26, 2021 if you have been selected. If you are not selected to be part of the Middle School Boundary Study Team, please know that this will not be the only opportunity to become involved in this work. Public engagement events and community surveys are also part of our boundary work.