Superintendent Search update – engagement opportunities and timeline
Superintendent search firm McPherson and Jacobson has been working with the Board of Education over the last few weeks to outline staff and community engagement opportunity sessions and timeline decisions surrounding the search for LSR7’s next superintendent. The below information identifies opportunities for staff and community engagement. These are opportunities for the community to provide input, feedback and thoughts for the Board of Education as they work through a superintendent search.
- Tuesday, November 12, 7:00-8:00 p.m.: Community Stakeholder Meeting, Lee’s Summit High School, Brockman Lecture Hall
- Wednesday, November 13, 7:00-8:00 p.m.: Community Stakeholder Meeting, Lee’s Summit North High School, Performing Arts Center
- Thursday, November 14, 10:30-11:30 a.m.: Community Stakeholder Meeting, Missouri Innovation Campus, Room B204
- Thursday, November 14, 5:30-6:30 p.m.: Community Stakeholder Meeting, Lee’s Summit West High School, Bateman Hall
It is also important to share timeline information regarding key decision points in the process. We hope you find the following timeframes helpful to the context of when and how decisions will be made.
- November 12-14, 2019: Stakeholder meetings
- November 21, 2019: Closing date for applications
- December 19, 2019: Board of Education selects finalists to interview
- January 7, 8, 9, 2020: Interviews with the Board of Education
- January 23, 2020: Selection of new Superintendent
- July 1, 2020: Start date
Additionally, for reference, we’ve created a Superintendent Search webpage dedicated to sharing information about the process. This webpage details information about the search firm, engagement opportunities and timelines.